Wednesday 14 November 2012

The Best Gifts In Life Are Free



Gift giving is everywhere, whether it be for: happy days, sad days, special days or spontaneous days! (The last one is my favourite!) I love searching for the greatest gift or stumbling across the perfect present, which is why I’m starting a business with my family, we are hunting out some cool stuff and whacking it online for people. We’re only just beginning so the site isn’t set in stone, we’re changing it every day!

I’m writing this blog, however, so I can share with you any fun finds and offering opinions to help you think outside the box for your next victim!

Today I was braced with the issue of anti-gift giving! Which I never knew existed; some people disagree with the whole process, seeing it as materialistic. I say they should give it a try! I guarantee when you see the reaction from a good gift you will never go back. I think people mistake present giving as a money worry, but giving a present isn’t all about expense, it can be free! This is why I’m writing my first blog on free gifts, my top 5! Now a few of these may work better for some than others but I’m trying to cover a whole range :) .

5. THE MASTERCHEF: You’re going to be making food anyway, and for those that may not often do it on a day to day basis, this is a great one for you! It could be a birthday breakfast or a cheer up lunch, make it special with a few candles or a pretty looking table, just use what you have and let your cooking do the rest!
WARNING: Do not order takeaway and present it as your own! If you are ever discovered, the consequences are unimaginable…..

4. THE COMPOSER: For all you musically gifted people out there if you haven’t done this already then I’m shocked and appalled! Nothing says I love you on Valentine’s Day, or any day of the week, like a song. Or if you’re not one to pick up a microphone, go old school and make a mixed tape......or cd. I personally would prefer a tape even though I have nothing to play it on (women!) I’m not sure if we’re doing mixed mp3's yet, I wouldn’t suggest it, it has a waft of laziness to it.

3. THE CLEAN: This one’s great for mum or a partner. You have to put a little sweat into it but that'll cost you nothing, so next mother’s day give your mum a clean house, she will love it! Especially if you remember to wash your sweaty clothes after. It’s got to be a surprise though, so only attempt when their out the house, for full effect.
TIP: Mini gift alert. DO THE GOD DAMN DISHES!

2. THE SCRIBE: This one is my favourite, great for cheering up a friend or letting someone know you’re thinking of them. Send a letter! Not one hundred percent free I’ll give you that, but literally a pound, come on! You’d spend that on the sneaky snack on your way back from work! Don’t lie to me, I know it’s true! The letter could just be telling someone how you’re getting on or re living some old memories "I was just thinking about when we...." Just imagine how you would feel if you woke up for what you thought was another day heading out to work and you found that little gem on your doorstep! Smiles much!
WARNING: Post it the next day if not instantly, as it may end up sitting on your bedside table….for months….I mean who would do that…..

1. THE HUG. Yes its downright obvious and some who know me would say it’s ironic I should be suggesting this, but sometimes we forget that the best present can be given everyday just with a simple hug, you’re also giving a little gift to yourself as well, get in!

Comment below if you can think of any more, or if you have a free gift giving tale! We need your suggestions too for when were skint!

1 comment:

  1. I love the cooking one! Breakfast in bed is AMAZING! I think photos are a really fun gift! They don’t even have to be in a frame. I love getting creative with pictures and cello tape, making a photo college or book and giving it to someone is so fun. The best bit is when you show them to your friends and all have a laugh together!

    ReplyDelete